You know the latest sensation sweeping the nation? Normcore. Which is basically dressing like you’re from the mid-90s. But how would this apply to writing?
Maybe something like…
- Plagiarizing The Sportswriter by Richard Ford.
- Being so much into Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice that you create something like Twilight.
- Using Toni Braxton & TLC lyrics as dialogue.
- That Seinfeld2000 e-book obviously.
- Being a regular contributor to this.
- Naming a key character Doug Funnie or Patti Mayonnaise.
- Writing an essay about how this intro was instrumental in your life.
- Creating image macros like this or this.
What suggestions do you have for the normcore of writing?